Thursday, December 21, 2017

Twelve Greenland Expeditions book

This was published a few years ago by Greenland's Tele-Post. Hardcover, around 80 pages. It contains each of the twelve "Expeditions" souvenir sheets issued by Greenland Post between 2003 and 2014. Each sheet commemorated a specific Expedition in Greenland between 1818 and 1978 and each of those Expeditions is summarized in the book. At the time it was selling for 299 DKK with shipping ($60 CDN). I thought that was a bit much for me but when I saw it selling for 149 DKK with shipping I ordered a copy.


None of the advertising I read for the book said much about it really so I thought I'd post a couple of images of the book's interior to give a better idea of quality. It is very well produced. Exactly what I expected. It is available in four languages: English, German, Danish and Greenlandic.




Considering the time of year and where it was coming from, shipping was fast. Added bonus is the postage used to send it to me. Nice high value stamps, clean and used.



No comments: