From the British Antarctic Survey's Rothera research station and carried aboard the RRS Sir David Attenborough (the ship pictued on the stamp). This is the first season in the Antarctic for this vessel.
Monday, February 28, 2022
Saturday, February 26, 2022
The 2004 souvenir sheet on this cover from Adelaide Australia commemorates a visit to the Cocos Keeling Islands by Queen Elizabeth in 1954. The islands were transferred to Australia from the UK in 1955. Google street view has fairly good coverage of the islands which surprised me. The population of the two main islands is around 600 which is quite a few more than I thought it would be.
Thursday, February 24, 2022
Saturday, February 19, 2022
From the Sydney suburb of Fairfield Height. Lots of stamps on this little cover. Clockwise from top left:
- Aboriginal Crafts stamp from 1987 with a basket weave pattern from Queensland.
- Complete strip of 1980 Nation Stamp Week stamps.
- Pair of "Waltzing Matilda" Folklore stamps from 1980.
- Bush Ballad "Clancy of the Overlow" (1889 poem by Banjo Patterson) stamp from 2014.
- A 2014 special occasions map stamp that could have been paired with a label in a special souvenir sheet.
- Pale triangle butterfly stamp from 2016.