I like this newly issued perch stamp from Norway. It's their "Norden" issue for this year. I don't care much for maximum cards that have the same image as that of the stamp but I love the postmark. The way the date and "Olso" follow the lower body of the perch. It all works for me.
Monday, May 28, 2018
Friday, May 25, 2018
Sunday, May 13, 2018
A pair of stamps from a recent sheet featuring reptiles and amphibians from in the Netherlands. On the right is a Moor Frog. The males can turn blue for a few days during the mating season. The stamp on the left is a garlic or common spadefoot toad. When frightened, these toads can secrete a substance that smells like garlic.
Saturday, May 12, 2018
A set of five Norwegian stamps from 2005 highlight key events during 100 years of Norwegian History. From left to right, top to bottom:
- The swearing in of King Haakon VII on 27 November 1905 after the separation of Norway and Sweden
- The return from exile of Crown Prince Olav in 1945, after the liberation of Norway.
- The official launch of Norwegian Television in 1960
- Opening of the Ekofisk Oil Field in the North Sea in 1971
- Norway's 2-1 win over Brazil in the 1998 World Cup group stage which secured them a spot in the knockout stage. Their best World Cup finish so far.