Monday, February 27, 2023

Used stamps from Greenland

It has been a few years since I last purchased stamps from Greenland. They used to come from their philatelic office in Tasiilaq and one of the nice things about that was getting Greenland stamps on the package. Unfortunately their philatelic services are now based in Denmark. So no more Greenland  stamps and postmarks on orders.


My recent order of stamps from Greenland came in a plain cardboard envelope, actually mailed from Germany. No stamps on the cover. But knowing that collectors appreciate getting Greenlandic stamps on their envelopes they included this little packet of used stamps with my order and the card inside explained why they were included. 

It's a nice gesture. But not the same. I would rather have my orders mailed to me from Greenland, even if it takes a little longer. 


No comments: