Monday, June 17, 2024

Halley Research Station, British Antarctic Territory

Another post about long delays receiving mail from Antarctic research stations. This showed up a few days ago and I've been trying to figure out when I sent it to myself. The stamp is from 2014 but I know it was well after that. Judging by the address label I used, I'm guessing 2019. I need to keep better records.


I know for a time activities at the base were restricted while they waited to see what was happening with giant cracks that opened up on the Brunt ice shelf. But I thought that was only limiting winter activities. Maybe this was just sitting in a pile with similar requests, waiting for a postal clerk to bring them to the base and postmark them. Perhaps it fell behind someone's desk or something and was misplaced for a while. Guess I'll never know.

No comments: