Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Stamps from Slovenia

Well, some of them weren't new but they were to me. I don't collect Slovenian stamps but Slovenia Post's website looked clean and was loaded with information and some of their stamps issues were of interest to me so I figured I'd check them out. You can not order online but there is a stocklist available that is very up to date (updated monthly or weekly or something like that). However I could find no order form online. So I wrote to them with a list of what I wanted and provided my credit card number. Within weeks I received a huge envelope with stamp bulletins from the past few quarters and my stamps sandwiched between some of the thickest cardstock I've ever seen come through the mail. There was no way these stamps were getting bent or damaged. Overall I was quite impressed.

Stamps from Slovenia Post are only available for purchase for one year after the issue date. And I discovered that foreign orders are not subject to the VAT which is include in the price of the stamps so my order was even cheaper than I had expected. There was a 2 Euro handling charge on my order by after seeing the VAT savings, I didn't think twice about it.

Ancient Wooden Wheel

Solvenia Carthusian Monastery

Slovenia 2009 Preserve the Polar Regions

No comments: